Thursday, January 26, 2012

Monday July 24, 2006

This morning Dr. Beshay and Dr. Morell came in to tell me that they have to do a biopsy of my brain...YIKES!! I really don't think I can handle something like that. A drill drilling in my skull and pulling out pieces while I am awake??!! I don't think so!! I'll pass.

They also said that they were going to remove the tumor in my lower spine on Wednesday. The surgery should last about 4-6 hours. The risks are paralysis and/or bowel problems. While they are in surgery they will also biopsy the shoulder. The are thinking the shoulder is benign, but they want to make sure. Also the wrist is a shadow for sure. Yeah!

Michael Coon, my best friends husband, came to visit. It was a nice surprise. It's also nice when you get gifts and flowers from other friends that can't make it:



The oncologist came in to inform us that so far they are thinking it is an Osteosarcoma or a chrondrosarcoma. Try saying that three times fast!!

I know to most going the bathroom is easy. Well for me it isn't. It is horrible. Embarrassing and painful. Usually it consists of an enema, then a nurse delivering it. Yes, a nurse helping my poo come out. I seriously don't think they get paid enough. Ok, now that you get the picture of how it's been..I was able to poo today without an enema!!! Finally! It's the little things right now.

My two best friends, Andrea and Amber, came and visited me tonight. They are true friends. I can't tell you how much I love them. I need a break from the hospital nurses.

The orthopedic surgeon came in to talk to us about the surgery and what may happen. He said that they may have to take my tailbone out. Really??!! How can someone live without one? I was shocked. He mentioned that sometimes you can put a steel rod in it's place. Oh yeah, can you just see me now going through the airport scanners??!! Just the thought makes me laugh! But whatever they have to do.

A funny story happened later tonight. My poor sweet mom, who thought she would get sleep, is woken up by me to scratch. Yep scratch. My bum. Since I can't move my arms anymore and man did it itch, I asked for her help!!!! Yes, it is called motherly love when your mom helps you out. Her and I laughed about it all night. I don't know why it itched so bad, but it did. I'm just grateful that I have a mom that would do that for me. Also I really think she is grateful for sheets and bacterial soap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment