Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday July 22, 2006

This morning I woke up in severe amounts of pain. The doctors put me on vicodin around the clock and some nausea medicine.

Susamma, one of my nurses, helped my mom shower me. I insisted trying to hold the shower handle while my mom washed my hair, but little did I know that I couldn't do it. I ended up showering my mom!! We did get a great laugh out of it!

The doctors are now saying it's some type of bone cancer, but they won't know until Wednesday. Since I'm having a hard time breathing, the doctors have now said that they might take me to ICU just in case. I asked Randy and my dad for a priesthood blessing. After the blessing the doctors said I can stay in my room for now. What an answer. This is my second Priesthood blessing. I felt that I will get through this, but it will be a hard one.

In the evening hours Jenn, Mark and Ralene, the Relief Society President for my Carrollton ward, visited me. Jenn brought my favorite stew that she makes. She even fed it to me!! So sweet.

Randy is going to spend the night with me tonight and give my mom a break. While Sabrina and Kathryn, the Relief Society President in Corinth, took care of my kids. It was so nice to have Randy here. This whole time Randy has had to take care of the kids and all the hospital bills coming in.

Jeanette, Cameron's ECI therapist, came to visit me. She brought me books on laughter and humor. She said that laughter is the best medicine. I have to agree. It made me feel so good that she cares.

Jennifer and Marin Nesbitt brought flowers and a bear too. So sweet.

What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment