Sunday, January 1, 2012

The very beginning!

It all started on June 24, 2006. I woke up this Saturday morning feeling fine. Randy took Ricky and Michael out with him to get some errands done. I was home with Cameron. While he was gone my best friend Andrea had called me. I don't know why, but I told her I wasn't feeling right. She was then worried because I kept talking in circles, saying the same things over and over again. She then called Randy to tell him to get home quick. He was worried about Cameron and I.

He watched me over the weekend. On Monday we went to the Dr. He did a full blood test and gave me medicine for anxiety. He also sent me for a CT scan. That was dumb. My mom had just flew in to be with us when we went for the scan. The tech couldn't even get the needle in my arms for contrast. The Dr. said just do the scan anyways. I was so frustrated and upset, because I didn't understand what the big deal was and why I was feeling the way I felt.

The scan came back fine. Then the doctor said it is probably a nervous breakdown...If anyone knows me that is not the reason. He said that because I had a child with special needs that it can be demanding at times and I just broke. Right....If anyone knows me, they would know this isn't true. I am a VERY strong person. My child with special needs just had Down Syndrome. He was not a burden at all. He is such a big blessing in my life.

I just went along with it. I didn't know what else to do. So I took the medicine he gave me and my mom helped me write all my duties down, so I wouldn't forget to feed, or clothe the boys. Then she had to fly home.

I will tell you this...I have NEVER been sick before. No hospital stays (except for having my 3 boys), stitches, or surgeries. Then this happened. Weird. But again as I look back I didn't know that I CAN get a second opinion. I just trusted that this doctor went to school and knew what he was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment