Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tuesday July 25, 2006

Today I woke up with the feeling that it's ok. My body is only temporary. I told my mom, so that we can both feel better about the surgeries to come. I haven't ever had a surgery, so the fact that my body is being cut into all the time hasn't sat well with me.

Dr Beshay came in to check on me. He said that it would be better to do a neck biopsy than the brain biopsy. Oh man was I so relieved! He is going to bring in the film of my MRI to show us the spots on the brain. Cool! Well to look at it, not cool that they are there.

Dr. Burton then came in and told us that the brain biopsy was not needed. He believes it is either a Osteosarcoma or a Chondroblastic Osteosarcom. I am so relieved he doesn't have to do the brain biopsy. So relieved. Answers to my prayer for sure.

Surgery will be tomorrow at 8:15am. They said they would take me down around 7-7:30am. They are going to take as much of the mass in my tailbone area as possible out.

Betty, Brenda's mom, came to visit me today. My mom loves her. I think my mom needed her more than I did. It was nice. Betty came at a time when we needed a break from everything. She definitely put smiles on our faces. She also gave us a card that had LOTS of money in it to help us out. Her son has been through hospital experiences and she knows how expensive it will get. It was very generous of her. Thank you Betty.

My other friend Sherri Baxter, who was one of my first friends when I moved here to Texas, sent me some flowers. She had moved away, but we still keep in touch. I loved the blue vase they came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment